It’s Saturday morning, and Noob Baby has gone down for her first nap. So, while I sit here and savor a cup of coffee before I roll outta my jammies, I thought I’d post a Christmas Meme that I found over at Musings of a Housewife. Thanks DCRmom for sharing!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Always wrapping paper. It’s funner to peek with wrapping paper … peeling off just a tiny corner.
2. Real tree or Artificial? If we somehow manage to find a square foot of space this year *staring menacingly at NB’s bouncy chair, playplace, jumperoo*, we will get a real tree.
FUN FACT: Did you know the delicious smell from your tree comes from the sap bubbles hidden on the bark? If your tree starts to lose its oh-so-Christmasy scent, just take a knife and scrape a sap bubble to refresh!
3. When do you put up the tree? Couple weeks before Christmas when Noob Daddy and I finally get our act together. First we go to one place, grumble and complain about how we’re getting ripped a new one, and then we bend over and pay at the second stop. It’s a system that has its flaws.
4. When do you take the tree down? When the needles start to match our wood floors. We are such slackers.
5. Do you like eggnog? In theory, yes. In actuality, not so much.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nintendo games.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Parents. They’re incredibly humble and never “need” a thing.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Moi. Only 2 requirements:
quality and quantity love and thought. Oh, and I know exactly what I want.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail… arriving with just a few minutes to spare.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year one of my students gave me a Christmas mug. On the bottom, it said, “Made from asbestos.” (or maybe it said lead) where normally it should say “Made in China.” Well, it’s the thought that counts right? On second thought…
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, Love Actually, and secretly Home Alone.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally 1-2 weeks before Christmas because I’d be so busy with school. This year, I’ve managed to convince myself that everyone would just love something from Amazon.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Why? Did you get this for me last year?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Hot chocolate, tea and coffee in big mugs, homemade cakes and cookies, and all things sweet.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, please. Speaking of… have you seen the Christmas house on steroids?
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells or All I Want For Christmas (is you)
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Traveling to be with family.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yes, but I refuse to because they were all like the cool kids and stuff … being mean to Rudy just cuz he had some shine and acne flareup on Christmas Eve. I feel ya buddy.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Star ornament that Noob Daddy transformed into a topper.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both. My parents always worked Christmas, so we would open presents when they came home around 11:30 pm on Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Crowds. Stories about people getting trampled.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The Smores. I collect them! They weigh like a billion pounds though, so you have to find the perfect branch.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Hot Pot
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My loved ones to be happy, healthy, and at peace.
Agree to disagree? Leave me a comment or link back here if you want to use this Meme on your blog.