Hey! Noob Mommy here! Thanks so much for visiting my site. I started this blog in 2008 after my post-natal combustion. Whoa! What is that?! That sounds awful! I’d say it’s something like Exhaustion + Overwhelming Doom all wrapped up in a Dirty Diaper.
Ok, things weren’t that bad, but they were quite traumatic. All my visions of sugar and spice and everything nice, turned into poop, tears and lack of sleep. Days were mostly snuggly and full of delicious new baby smell, but the nights were terrifying. Everyday was a new roller coaster of fear, joy, anxiety, confusion, loneliness, and love. Lots and lots of love.
Blogging turned out to be the most natural and therapeutic way for an introvert like myself to connect with other parents. It was also a great way to warn unsuspecting parents about the baby bombs that lie ahead. I’d say this site is a crazy little mix of what-to-do and what-not-to-do for new parents. Noob Parenting 101. You’re going to find sleep advice, Cliff’s Notes for parents and all kinds of silly shenanigans I get into with my kids.
Be forewarned… you’re going to notice a whole lot of self-deprecation, hyperbole and humor around here. That’s how I roll. Oh yeah, did I mention my keyboard has the mouth of a dirty sailor? Now that you know what to expect, it’s time to get this superhero team of sleep-deprived parents into action. Happy reading!
Noob Mommy in a Nutshell
- Once a teacher, always a teacher. I still get crazy giddy shopping at the teacher store. And you might find me wrangling up unsupervised children at the park.
- I’m a creative wanderlust at heart. I always feel the itch to create and try my hand at everything. Lately, I’m journaling in my Fauxbonichi and planning in my Erin Condren (YouTube them if you dare).
- Washi tape, stationary, stickers and pens. It’s my crack.
- Speaking of crack… I can eat pizza everyday. Pizza is proof of God’s existence.
- I’m a fast and furious reader. I will binge read a book and finish it in a day! I especially love parenting and child development books.
- Zumba anyone?! After discovering Zumba three years ago, I can‘t imagine my life without it. It’s soul food for my happy feet.
- I’ll pass on that big party, because I’d much rather be grilling in the backyard with family and close friends.
- I’ve recently started collecting records. Mmm… old vinyl smell and crackle. I just love vintage and retro anything.
- You may not be able to tell, but I’m totally checking out your sneakers right now. My faves are Saucony, vintage Brooks, Onitsuka Tigers, and Adidas high tops.
- After getting my feet wet with a handful of 5Ks and 10Ks, I’ve got my eyes set on running a Ragnar and a Half-Marathon.
- I can’t say no to a good hike. Crunchy gravel underneath my feet and nature in the air. Heaven.